Friday, April 9, 2010

we are privileged


Yesterday I did a photo shoot a little outside of SP. I had to take a bus home on the way back... It took me 2hours to get home. It's not so far, just the traffic at 6:30pm makes going from A to B a very difficult thing indeed. I was lucky to get a seat on the bus... soon it was packed and there were a lot of people standing. These girls started talking to me and telling me how they get up at 4:30am to be at work at 7:30... then they leave around 6pm and get home again sometime between 8 and 11pm, depending on traffic, weather etc.
Then they went on to tell me how they once took the wrong bus and ended up on the opposite side of town ... how they spent all their money getting back and also got home very late... All this they said joking half laughing at themselves... I sat there in awe at how most people live here. It's a little different then Europe where people work 9 to 5 jobs... that take them 20 mins to get to work and STILL everyone is in a crap mood all the time!

I wonder sometimes what it is that makes people happy and why the poor countries seam to produce such happy people while the rich countries where everything functions people are always grumpy and unfriendly.

It's a mystery to me.

No comments: