Friday, October 16, 2009

waiting



Today I spent most of my day waiting... in the end it was in vain. Frustrating really. I hate to wait... and yet I find I end up doing it a lot. You see, I'm one of those people who is never late. I remember when I was in high school and being late was a sign of coolness I'd consciously try very hard to leave the house late so as to have to walk in to the class once it had already started, at least once. It never happened. Instead I was usually one of the first. It's a bit of a sickness I guess... but that's just the way I am.
I'm also always the first to arrive to a meeting.
Today's wait was at a hospital. Particularly unpleasant. Usually I have no problem with hospitals. My mother has spent a lot of time in them and I was there with her sometimes. Today though, for some reason I just couldn't stand it. It was overwhelming.. I felt claustrophobic. There was a woman screaming in the next cubicle it was just awful to listen to.

Dealing with sickness is really hard, and I felt really bad for not being able to handle it better.

I made some doodles while I waited and later I found this website:

1 comment:

Tongue Trip said...

i hope youre not unwell, the mention of waiting at the hospital made me wonder if you went there as a patient. i checked out that site and will pass on the link to the people i know would have an interest or an altruistic conscience for it.