Friday, October 9, 2009

in case you forgot...

As you can see, I decided to change my blog's name. I figured I'm already home... Well, actually, I don't think home is necessarily a physical or concrete place. It's inside of each one of us... and I suppose I may be still looking for it.
But that's not really what I wanted to talk about today.

This morning we went to the center do get some paperwork done. AGAIN. Yes, well, anyway, as usual when I go to the center of Sao Paulo I realize how wonderful and at the same time messed up this city is! (I know I've mentioned this before too).
Today there was a man playing a home made drum set. It was built out of paint cans and wood...
I think that really summarizes the brazilian spirit in a way. It's a great example of how we brazilians learn to get by. It's also about the creativity... and how even with little or nothing there is always a way. The man set up his drum set on a street corner with a sign next to it saying: "I come from Bahia in search of my dream. Please help me to buy my drum set."
This man probably earned a lot today sitting there... at least I saw a lot of people putting money in his little can. Maybe he doesn't even want to buy a drum set... But I admire the creativity he had and his sense of humor!

No comments: